<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A flash of inspiration 



Nothing stunning photographically, but something just dawned on me.

I have a fairly decent Canon-compatible flashgun - the one that went with the camera my son now has in Zambia - but no Canon camera. I have an Olympus camera, with the usual basic built-in flash but no 'proper' Olympus-compatible flashgun.

Light-bulb moment (how appropriate!): I can use the Canon flashgun as a slave, triggered by the on-camera flash. And by adjusting slave power and/or blocking the direct light from the on-camera flash to the subject, I can balance the light between the two sources.

Result: creative possibilities. More experimentation needed, but the results are sufficiently promising to warrant a more thorough investigation.

Back to current posts