<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 30, 2007

Coincidences 

I love coincidences; I love it when coincidences seem to point towards a message; I don’t really care whether that message exists anywhere outside my own imagination; it is enough that it exists there.

I mentioned earlier – or linked to - a jazz trio called Acoustic Triangle. I have a CD, which is playing at the moment, by one of their number, a saxophonist by the name of Tim Garland. It’s called Made by Walking, and it takes its name from these words of Antonio Machado, quoted today by whiskey river:

"Your footsteps are the path, and nothing else;
there is no path, paths are made by walking.
Walking makes the path, and on looking back
We see a trail that never can be walked again.
Traveler, there is no path,
Only a wake in the sea.”


Back to current posts