Older, but no wiser
Andy Borrows' musings on life and all its confusion, contradictions, richness and opportunities
Thursday, September 27, 2007
I had a training session on our new document management system this afternoon. As is the usual practice in these circumstances, we were working in a sandpit area, not with live data. It should have been cleared out, but some wag had left this piece of wisdom behind, causing the trainer to enquire (in the nicest possible way) what was amusing me…
Feeling trapped in this cubicle...
10. Being told to 'Think outside the Box' when you're in a friggin box all day long.
9. Not being able to check e-mail attachments without turning around to see who's behind you.
8. Fabric cubicle walls do not offer much protection from any kind of gunfire.
7. That nagging feeling that if you press the right button, you'll get a piece of cheese!
6. Lack of roof rafters for the noose.
5. The walls are too close together for the hammock to work right.
4. 23 power cords, 1 outlet.
3. Prison cells are not only bigger, they also have beds.
2. When tours come through, you get lots of peanuts thrown at you.
1. You can't slam the door when you quit and walk out.
Back to current posts