<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Stillness 

It's been a long, long time since I posted anything for Photo Friday. But when I saw that this week's theme is 'stillness', one shot sprang instantly to mind. It's from 2002 and I've posted it here before, but it remains a favourite of mine, mostly because of the memories it awakes of a tranquil early morning camped among trees just a few yards from the shore of the lake; a half hour before breakfast, when the campsite was still sleeping, spent with camera in hand just pottering at the water's edge and enjoying the invigorating feel of cool fresh air in my lungs, the gentlest lapping of the water on the pebbly shore, a comforting presence behind me of tree and moss, rock and hill, and above all, peace of heart and soul.



Ullswater


Back to current posts