<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A stranger in your own life 

It just dawned on me that I never posted a link to the last couple of pieces I did for the ThirdAge blog. Having submitted them, I breathed a huge sigh of relief at meeting the deadline, and then promptly forgot all about them.

It is, of course, a wonderful opportunity to have work published; nevertheless I really do need to get my act together and become more disciplined about the writing process - it’s just taking me way too long at present, and the worry about where the next piece is coming from soon supplants any relief at having completed the previous one.

Anyway, that’s my problem. For what it’s worth, this week’s offering can be found here. Here’s a taster:

“Imagine what it would be like to wake up one morning and find yourself in an unfamiliar bed in strange house; opening your eyes, the colours you see in the room around jar with your tastes; the view out of the window is of an alien landscape, and if there is someone beside you, you’re not altogether sure who they are. Even the body you inhabit doesn’t feel like yours. How did you get here? This isn’t your home, it’s some kind of lodging place…”


Back to current posts