<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 30, 2005

It’s official! 

I am own an old crock, since my venerable automobile turned 100 today – one hundred thousand miles that is, since 1995. I guess that puts it on a par with the secondhand lawnmower I once saw advertised in the small ads in the local paper, described as “aged, but not infirm”.

Saddo that I am, I’d intended to record on digital film the moment when the mileometer advanced from 99,999 to 100,000, but having counted down the miles for the last few weeks, that moment came and went unnoticed amidst the excitement (ha!) of Saturday shopping. So I never did get to see those six digits all rolling over together. It’ll be a long time ‘til they do that again – I have hopes though that the day may come.

Better give the old thing a celebratory wash tomorrow. If I can remember how.




Back to current posts