<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Graphic 

Photos of skies rarely capture the scale; the firmament loses something in the translation down to postcard size - although this one of Doug Thompson's must come pretty close to the feel of the original.

Skies really need to fill your field of vision, as they do in reality. A classic case of the whole being so much greater than the sum of the parts.

All I have here is a part:



I just had time after getting home from work to dash upstairs, point the camera out of the window, and click, before the clouds covered the sun. Only after I'd seen it on the PC did I think of doing a panorama, but by then it was too late. Another day...

~~~~~~~~
Later..
qB also though tonight's sky worth photographing. Her vantage point was just a few miles further south (I think).

Back to current posts