<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Frustration 

I appreciate that you don’t really want or need to know this, but there are some mighty strange goings-on computer-wise around here. Everything works fine except that I can’t send email from my ISP account, I can’t post on Blogger or change my Blogger template, and I can’t FTP photos to my webspace when using ADSL. Data comes in fine, but I can’t send it out.

The odd thing though is that all of these work okay via my old dial-up account, which I keep active for just such eventualities as this. And that is how the last few posts got here.

But even though all things are still possible, until it’s all sorted properly I’m only half present – there’s too much time and energy going back and forth with my ISP trying to get things back to normal. Even posting responses on their user portal has to be via dial-up and the old ISP.

Grrr…

~~~~~~
Later...
I just realised the irony in those words above. Only half present? I haven't been as much as half present for a long, long while...

~~~~~~
Even Later...
Turned out my router was blocking everything outgoing except simple web page requests. Goodness knows why - it didn't show on the configuration. But rebooting the router cleared the problem.

It's surprising though how unsettling it feels, only being half-connected to the rest of you out there...

Back to current posts