<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Explanations 

Okay. Let me explain something. I’m 49, I’ve been a little way up the career ladder and I’m on my way back down again. I’ve had positions where I’ve been in charge of 20+ people, managed significant operational and capital budgets – not that those things matter to me especially, but they set a context.

I now work for a dinosaur, in a position with no responsibility, at the same level as a raw graduate, carrying out irrelevant tasks, serving no useful purpose but to keep him happy. Sanity requires a lobotomy or its virtual equivalent. I’ve gone for the virtual equivalent; it’s marginally less painful, and just may be reversible, although I’m not counting on it.

The decisions that have led me here have been entirely my own, and the circumstances that require me to stay here are entirely of my own choosing.

So I have a new motto. Fuck it.


Back to current posts