<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 24, 2003

Either or 

I often listen to BBC Radio 3 streamed on the web if I'm working at the PC, especially if I'm doing something graphical. For anyone unfamiar with the BBC's output, Radio 3 is the serious music station - mostly classical with a mix of jazz and new music thrown in for good measure.

I was getting increasingly frustrated getting a large diagram printed out right - for some reason everything was condensed into a little corner of an A3 sheet. At the same time Vaughan Williams' "Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis" was playing. The timing was perfect - as I got more frustrated the music swelled until I couldn't ignore it's message. "Listen, you can either get het up with what you're doing, or you can pay attention to me. But not both. They're mutually exclusive".

I gave in and listened to the music.

And stopped getting het up.

Back to current posts