<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 29, 2003

Reflections on reflection 

Blogging encourages reflection on life's happenings - sacred or profane; monumental or trivial; exceptional or routine.

In every model of learning I've ever come across there is some feedback process - e.g.the classic PDSA (plan-do-study-act) cycle. The only linear learning process is straightforward information-stuffing, and its dubious whether youi can really call that learning.

Some models (e.g. Argyris/Schon) go further and distinguish single-loop and double-loop learning, but whichever model you choose its clear that review forms an essential part of the process.

So I'm hoping that reflections on daily living that form the source material for this blog will also help my learning.

It had better, because the only reflection I can manage at the moment is this recursive one, which leaves me in imminent danger of disappearing up somewhere unpleasant.

Back to current posts