<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 01, 2003

Choice 

This has been pinned on my noticeboard for some time. I wrote it several years ago when I was facing uncertainty and finding it hard to make a way forward.

I wish I could say I've lived by it consistently, but I haven't, although the idea has been there as an occasional reminder that whatever I want from the future will only come about from action in the present.

Moreover if the future is going to be anything other than more of the past, then those actions will have to derive from that future vision, not from an extension of what is, or what has gone before.

Every moment places choice into your hands
- the choice to act
to bring into being a now you desire,
or to allow past habits and current context
to script your response.

To exercise this choice it is necessary
that you first have a vision
of the now you desire.

Your future is built from a succession of nows...

Do it...

...Now!


Back to current posts